Who We Are

All training is delivered by Boating Licence Course | RTO # 91229 | ACN # 092 478 718

Assessment Policy

Every student must complete the training prior to attempting the test. There is a multiple-choice assessment within the course. Other than what is stated at the course, no items are allowed to be used during the test. Failure to comply in this regard will result in an immediate failure.

To assist you in passing the test, we provide comprehensive, yet easy to read, pre-course study material upon booking so you can be well prepared. See your confirmation package for the link to your study page.

Re-assessment Policy

From time to time people may be required to retest, good advice would be to do a bit more study. After this, if further training and assessment are required, we may give you an invitation to return. A small fee may be applicable.

Rescheduling Policy

Once you reserve your seat in any given class, you are securing a space and others may be denied the opportunity to attend. Consequently, we reserve the right to refuse your rescheduling to another class. Boating Licence Course also reserves the right to reschedule any given class due to circumstances beyond our control. If we must reschedule a class, you’ll be given the opportunity to attend any class given by us within 1 year or to a course credit

Course Pricing

Current ticket pricing is displayed on the product page.

Refund Policy

All sales are final. In the event that you cannot attend the course, refunds are not available.

COVID Policy

SA Boating Licence Course endeavours to be a good player in society. We aim to be reasonable and meet the requirements of the government COVID policies. Students who attend acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19, they accept Boating Licence Course cannot guarantee that an infection will not occur and the student attends with the understanding of, and accepts, the risk of COVID-19.

By attending, participants accept the risk of exposure.

The participant hereby waives, releases, discharges, holds harmless and indemnifies all employees and Sailingworld Pty Ltd t/a Boating Licence Course from any claim, action, damage, loss (including consequential or indirect loss), liability and cost which Sailingworld incurs or is liable for. 

I, the participant, declare that by participating with the course, that I am fully vaccinated. 

Vulnerable people, or any persons with concern, may be at an increased risk and therefore will be supported. We ask these people to contact the office in writing prior to attendance so a private outdoor, well ventilated classroom setting can be facilitated. 

Our COVID safe policy includes COVID-19 signage, a request that all students are fully vaccinated and, where possible, excessive student spacing. Face masks are asked to be worn. Hand sanitiser is available at the course. 

We ask any people who have flu-like symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, diarrhoea or vomiting to not attend   

All office staff and training staff are fully vaccinated. We operate with the understanding that all students are fully vaccinated and may be required to provide evidence at the commencement of the course. 

Please have your evidence of vaccination readily available and your face mask on upon arrival.   

As at 6th January 2022, we will require all students to remain at least 1.5m apart and seated throughout the training of the course. 

Evidence of Identity Requirement

You must present at least three documents as evidence of identity:

  • one item from category A and two items from category B


  • two items from Category A and one item from category B
  • at least one item verifying your current South Australian residential address
  • evidence of change of name if you have changed your name or your name is different on the documents presented.

The three documents presented must together provide your full name, signature, date of birth and current residential address. If these documents do not verify your current residential address you must provide a fourth document from the ‘Evidence of residential address for registration and licensing purposes’ category.

If your document only shows your middle name as an initial, you must present another acceptable primary or secondary document that shows your name in full.

Original documents

Only original documents are accepted for evidence of identity or changing your name and they must be issued within the allowable time. Photocopies, extracts or commemorative certificates are not acceptable. Copies or screenshots from financial institution web pages are not accepted, even if they have an official stamp. Translations from an accredited translator based in Australia must also be presented if the documents are not written in English.

Category A

The following documents are acceptable:

  • an Australian full birth certificate showing parental details (a Commemorative Certificate, certified copy or extract is not acceptable)
  • an overseas birth certificate showing parental details provided a passport or an official Australian travel document is also shown
  • a current Australian passport or one that has expired within the last two years
  • a current overseas passport with a valid visa; or one that has expired within the last two years linked to a current Australian visa (customer must provide their visa grant notice number)
  • a Certificate of Identity or a United Nations Convention Travel Document issued by the Australian Passport Office (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
  • a document for travel to Australia (DFTTA) issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
  • an Evidence of Australian Citizenship Certificate or a Citizenship by descent (Extract from Register of Citizenship by Descent) document or an Adoption in accordance with the Hague Convention on inter-country adoption document
  • a current or expired Australian Government ImmiCard issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) such as:
    • Evidence of Immigration Status (EIS)
    • Permanent Resident Evidence (PRE)
    • Residence Determination (RDI)
    • Australian Migration Status (AMS)
  • an Extract from Register of Citizenship by Descent issued by an Australian embassy where parents are Australian-born
  • photograph and/or signature stored on the Registrar of Motor Vehicles photographic licence database
  • South Australian or Federal Police Officer photo identity card
  • South Australian proof of age card issued after 9 October 2006
  • Australian photo driver’s licence or learner’s permit that is current or has expired within the last two years.

If your document(s) only show your middle name(s) as an initial(s), you must present another acceptable primary or secondary document that shows your name in full.

Category B

The following documents are acceptable:

  • proof of age or photo ID card issued by an interstate government authority
  • current Medicare card, Pensioner Concession Card, Department of Veterans’ Affairs entitlement card or any other current entitlement card issued by the Australian government
  • telephone, gas or electricity bill up to six months old
  • water rates, council rates or land valuation notice up to twelve months old
  • Australian Defence Force photo identity card (excluding civilian staff and family)
  • evidence of enrolment to vote from Australian Electoral Commission up to two years old
  • student identity document from an Australian educational institution, with photograph and/or signature, that is current or expired up to twelve months
  • Australian-issued security guard or crowd controller licence showing photograph
  • occupational licence (Consumer and Business Services) showing photograph
  • armed services discharge document up to twelve months old
  • Australian-issued firearms licence showing photograph
  • current credit or debit card that shows the embossed or printed name and signature, or account card from a bank, building society or credit union, or a passbook up to one year old
  • completed MR1418 Confirmation of residential address and signature to enrol a client with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles form or a letter up to one year old from a bank, building society or credit union that shows your full name and demonstrates your signature has been verified by the bank, building society or credit union.

Evidence Of Residential Address

You need to supply only one of these documents if your residential address is not included on a category A or category B document:

  • current South Australian vehicle registration certificate
  • South Australian driver’s licence or vehicle registration renewal for the coming period
  • contract of sale, lease arrangement or rental receipt for your place of residence up to two years old
  • last or current financial year Australian Taxation Office tax assessment
  • certificate or statement of enrolment from an educational institution that is up to one year old
  • letter (up to one year old) signed by the principal, deputy principal or head of school of a recognised educational institution, or a person with authority to sign on their behalf, on the institution’s letterhead which verifies your address
  • completed MR1418 Confirmation of residential address and signature to enrol a client with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles form (available from a Service SA customer service centre)
  • letter (up to one year old) from a bank, building society or credit union that shows your full name and demonstrates your residential address has been verified by the bank, building society or credit union (statements and screenshots from financial institutions are not acceptable with, or without, financial institution branch stamps).

Requirements For Recreational Boating

You must meet all requirements outlined on this page when applying for a recreational boat registration or licence, with the following exceptions:

  • you must provide evidence of your residential address, which can be anywhere in Australia.
  • as no photographic or signature records are maintained for recreational boating, full evidence of identity is required for a duplicate copy of a motor boat operator’s licence, special permit to operate a recreational vessel, or a motor vessel registration certificate.
    If the application is sent by mail, the evidence of identity documents may be copies certified by a Justice of the Peace.
  • an interstate photo motor boat operator’s licence is acceptable as a category A document, but if the licence doesn’t have a photo, it will only be accepted as a category B document.


You have not been charged any G.S.T. There is no G.S.T within our fee